Monday, June 10, 2013

10 years after the 2003 Tulane University review of Tulane Athletics

I will not make a new post each time I find something on but here are the first two. I would like to give my opinion on who wrote these and what has been written here but considering this is a public blog I will remember what my parents told me long ago, "if you don't have anything nice to say, it is best not to say anything at all" and I will exercise that in this situation. I am not saying I totally disagree and the facts in the wins/losses are not debatable and I understand that perception is reality but I also strongly feel that by looking at all the information we have about new facilities, more money, more academic help, catching up with and getting on par with the little things so many others are doing that we are undoubtedly about to radically change that reality. I don't mind these opinion pieces but what I do mind is that they always dwell on things that are not necessarily the same as they were in the past. They have an opinion and want people to share that opinion and completely ignore the clues and information that is current which would lead people to realize that we are operating differently now from what we did to get us where we were.

Regardless if I agree or disagree with some of or all of these opinion pieces written, part of my goal in this blog is to provide information about Tulane Football & Athletics. This will be a mesh of news on the review & other recent articles written regarding Tulane Athletics past and future.

Ted Lewis: Time might be right for another dicussion on Tulane athletics

Guerry Smith: Ten years after review, Tulane’s sports woes linger

Ed Daniels: Rejoice, Tulane fans; Cowen will retire in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment