Friday, July 19, 2013

Additions & Subtractions

As summer comes to an end I just want to remind everyone of the info I have mentioned several times. There will be additions and there will be subtractions. We have seen some of it on both sides already and there could be more.

I know many people have been talking about current player Renaldo Thomas, potential transfers T Nixon (Memphis CB) & T Gilbert (DE/LB Arky) and 2013 true FR TE D Skinner. From what I understand as of this very moment - Renaldo is not "100%" done with Tulane Football. It appears he has some work to do academically and could be cleared to play as soon as this Fall but it is more likely that he sits out the season. This does not mean he will or will not play again for Tulane, just stating that the final decision on that has not been determined. As for the other 3 possible additions - ALL are just as likely or unlikely to happen. No one person has been ruled out and no one person at this point is a 100% guarantee. That said, from the beginning there were some obstacles with Gilbert and Skinner. Nixon didn't have any serious issues like the other two, he was/is just a guy transferring. Based on my info we have a chance at all 3 or none. If I had to rank the chances of getting any of them I would say
T Gilbert - 70%
T Nixon - 40%
D Skinner - 10%

The only definitive information I can say is that anyone claiming they 100% know the fates of these guys does not have 100% accurate info. It may end up a certain way but I know for sure nothing has been made 100% official or decided.

I never really thought we would get Skinner once I saw we had T Gilbert on the table, the Mackey trial going on and the L Burl issue not long ago. With basically 4 different criminal issues going on I figured it would be a tough battle trying to convince TPTB to let all these guys in. The Gilbert issue is more removed in both geography and time which is why I think it is the highest option. I did speak to T Nixon the other day and he seems to be highly confident things will work out. We will see.

That all said I still see us potentially adding 1-3 more guys not listed here and potentially losing a couple players either to academics or team violations. That is not really a huge leap of a guess there about losing guys because it happens just about every off-season and we find out when camp begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment